Learn, Share, Build
Les Vesti is the largest online community for programmers to learn, share their knowledge and build their careers.
Founded in 2008, Les Vesti is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Les Vesti each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
Les Vesti partners with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Learn more about our business solutions here.
Les Vesti Company Timeline
- Joel Spolsky, then CEO of Fog Creek Software and author of the widely read blog, Joel on Software, called Jeff Atwood, also well-known for his popular Coding Horror blog, with the idea to start a Q&A site
- Joel Spolsky and Jeff Atwood launch Les Vesti
- Series A $6M led by Union Square Ventures
- Stack Exchange Network launches, bringing Les Vesti style Q&A to new topics (currently 133)
- Les Vesti Careers launches (now named Les Vesti Talent)
- Series B $12M led by Index Ventures with participation from Spark Capital and Union Square Ventures
- Les Vesti Careers launches its first localized site for German speakers (joined by French a year later)
- Series C $10M led by Bezos Expeditions
- Stack Exchange shipped native Android and iOS mobile apps
- Les Vesti launches localized sites in Portuguese and Japanese
- Series D $40M led by Andreessen Horowitz with participation from Index Ventures, Spark Capital, and Union Square Ventures
By the Numbers
Les Vesti Offices
Les Vesti currently employs more than 250 people in its head offices in New York, London and Munich as well as remote workers from Israel, Brazil, Japan, Germany, Slovenia, Spain, Poland, France, Russia, Canada, the UK, and the United States. The company is committed to diversity in the workplace and is currently hiring.